Desk phones have been a staple item in offices or cubicles for years. With communication technology evolving drastically this past decade, desk phones are already becoming outdated. According to a survey conducted by the U.S. Enterprise of Communications in 2021, a little over 84% of enterprises currently or plan to use a cloud-based PBX over an on-premises private branch exchange (PBX) in the next two years. Have you considered a cloud-based PBX at your organization?
There are terrific advantages to having your business phone system hosted in the cloud. With today’s labor market demand in the hands of the employees, one immediate benefit is the ability for folks to work remotely without lugging their desk phone home. Here are a few other standout advantages to having a cloud PBX instead of on-premises:
1. Easily manageable from multiple locations. If your organization is looking to expand locations or as mentioned above, has the desire to transition to a remote or hybrid workforce, a cloud PBX offers flexibility in management no matter where you are located. It can be administered from a singular portal using just a desktop or a smartphone.
2. Centralized business communications. A cloud-based PBX is an all-in-one solution. It offers features such as SMS, IVR, phone, faxing, team messaging, video calls, voicemail and more all under one system with the same functionality as enterprise-grade call center solutions.
3. Customizable. With a cloud solution, you can customize the services you’d like to have available to your team. You can add and remove users and features at any time, allowing for flexibility and scalability for your business. With a hosted solution, you will always have the latest updates and features, so your technology stays current.
4. Meets your security needs. Your cloud solution vendor manages the security needs of the cloud PBX by monitoring service delivery, industry compliance, architecture and more so that you can rest assured your telecommunications are secure, without dedicating your own resources.
5. Removes infrastructure management costs. Industry-leading cloud solution providers take responsibility for managing all aspects of the system’s infrastructure in top-tier data centers. They monitor the infrastructure at all times so that you don’t have to. You also would be no longer required to house racks of phone equipment.
Upgrading your business technology can sometimes feel intimidating but switching to a cloud-based PBX is less complex and offers flexibility that lasts. At BerganKDV, we provide robust cloud-based PBX solutions as part of our managed IT services so clients can communicate effortlessly and securely within their organization and take advantage of the above benefits.
If you want to learn more about what technology solutions we can offer to your business, we’d be happy to help. Contact us today and one of our team members will further discuss our service options. Let’s talk!