Operating an efficient IT team requires great structure and oversight on many moving parts to ensure peak technical support and security. This notion can sometimes be difficult to achieve, especially when resources and personnel are limited. That’s why many organizations utilize a managed service provider. Managed service providers help run all aspects of an organization’s IT team so that they can have confidence that their technology needs are addressed.
There are many advantages to partnering with a managed service provider, but does it make sense for your organization to consider using one? If you are unsure if your business could improve from a managed service provider, I encourage you to review the below sections and think about whether they are true for your company. If the statements are relatable to your organization, a managed IT services provider may help you work more efficiently and effectively while cutting costs and keeping your organization protected from security risks.
What kind of data does your company store? How accessible is it to your employees?
- Only one person can access a particular file at one time
- Our company has sensitive data that would require secure storage.
- It is difficult to remotely access our company’s data, applications and services.
- We have lost files due to ransomware, viruses, human error, system issues, or natural disasters.
What does your current infrastructure look like?
- We frequently reach maximum storage limits on our internal server or current cloud storage.
- We experience slowness, network-related performance issues, or internet outages.
- We have not completed an IT assessment in the past 18 months.
- We are concerned about security and whether our IT environment is protecting us from the latest threats.
What’s the financial and cultural state of your IT team?
- There is high turnover and low morale with our current IT staff.
- Our company has limited IT resources.
- We do not provide ongoing formal training to our IT staff.
- Our company responds reactively to network issues and is always putting out fires.
- Our IT expenses are primarily spent on in-house maintenance, storage, hardware, and licensing.
- Our employees spend too much time dealing with computer or IT issues.
- Our company is growing, but we are unsure if we have the resources to grow successfully.
- We are finding it difficult to mobilize our workforce.
- We struggle with developing and sticking to an IT budget.
- We do not have a technology roadmap to support future organizational goals.
How strong are your internal controls?
Does your team have well-defined and comprehensive controls including the following solutions? If you are lacking many items from the below list, a managed IT provider can help fill the gaps!
- Advanced Endpoint Security or Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Antivirus Endpoint Security and Malware Protection
- Application Access Control
- Backup Disaster Recovery (BDR) Management
- Email Archiving, Encryption and Security
- Enforced Security Policies with Routine End-User Training
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention System (IDS & IPS; Network-Based Threat Detection)
- Patch Management
- Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM)
- Secured Wireless Access Points (WAPs)
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN)
- Multi-Wan Network Access Control (NAC)
- Traffic Shaping
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Gateway Unified Threat Management
- Secure Remote Access – Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Vulnerability & Penetration (VUL/PEN) Testing
- Web-Content Filtering
Why Invest in a Managed IT Service Provider?
Your company stands to gain a great deal from working with a managed IT service provider. With your technology needs in the hands of experienced professionals, you will have more time to focus on other pertinent business matters. Here is a fraction of the benefits that managed IT services can have on your business operations.
- Increased efficiency
- Convenient access to knowledge, advice, and skills
- Improved service and business continuity
- Reduced technology-related risk
- Increased IT security infrastructure
- Improved regulatory compliance
- Increased adaptability to technological innovations
Developing and maintaining a successful IT team requires great diligence and demands the proper tools, talented people, and process controls to help you grow and protect your organization. Contact us today to learn more about BerganKDV’s managed IT service offerings and how we can provide the right mix of technology solutions to address the unique needs of your organization.