Operating an efficient IT team requires a robust structure and keeping track of a lot of moving parts to ensure your team is providing the necessary technical support in a way that’s streamlined and effective. This notion can sometimes be difficult to achieve, especially when resources and personnel are limited. That’s why many companies turn to utilizing a managed service provider to help run all aspects of an IT team so that businesses can have confidence their IT needs are covered.
There are many benefits to using a managed service provider, but it can be difficult to determine when it might be the right time to consider partnering with one. If you are unsure if your business could benefit from partnering with a managed service provider, I encourage you to review the below statements and think about whether they are true for your company. If the relatable statements start stacking up, a managed IT services provider may help you work more efficiently and effectively while cutting IT costs and keeping your organization protected from IT security risks.
- Only one person can access a particular file at one time.
- Our company has sensitive data that would require secure storage.
- It is difficult to remotely access our company’s data, applications and services.
- We have lost files due to ransomware, viruses, human error, system issues, or natural disasters.
- We frequently reach maximum storage limits on our internal server or current cloud storage.
- We experience slowness, network-related performance issues, or internet outages.
- We have not completed an IT assessment in the past 18 months.
- We are concerned about security and whether our IT environment is protecting us from the latest threats.
- There is high turnover and low morale with our current IT staff.
- Our company has limited IT resources.
- We do not provide ongoing formal training to our IT staff.
- Our company responds reactively to network issues and is always putting out fires.
- Our IT expenses are primarily spent on in-house maintenance, storage, hardware, and licensing.
- Our employees spend too much time dealing with computer or IT issues.
- Our company is growing, but we are unsure if we have the resources to grow successfully.
- We are finding it difficult to mobilize our workforce.
- We struggle with developing and sticking to an IT budget.
- We do not have a technology roadmap to support future organizational goals.
- We have well defined and comprehensive controls including the following:
- Advanced Endpoint Security or Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Antivirus Endpoint Security and Malware Protection
- Application Access Control
- Backup Disaster Recovery (BDR) Management
- Email Archiving
- Email Encryption
- Email Security
- Enforced Security Policies
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention System (IDS & IPS; Network-Based Threat Detection)
- Patch Management
- Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM)
- Secured Wireless Access Points (WAPs)
- End-User Security Awareness Training
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN)
- Multi-Wan Network Access Control (NAC)
- Traffic Shaping
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Gateway Unified Threat Management
- Secure Remote Access – Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Vulnerability & Penetration (VUL/PEN) Testing
- Web-Content Filtering
Why Invest in a Managed IT Service Provider?
Your company stands to gain a great deal from selecting the right managed service provider. With your technology needs in the hands of experienced professionals, you will have more time to focus on what you do best, while your company benefits from the following:
- Increased efficiency
- Convenient access to knowledge, advice, and skills
- Improved service and business continuity
- Reduced technology-related risk
- Increased IT security infrastructure
- Improved regulatory compliance
- Increased adaptability to technological innovations
Developing and maintaining a successful IT team requires great diligence and demands the proper tools, talented people, and process controls to help you streamline your operations, protect your organization from cyber threats, and reduce your risk. Contact us today to learn more about BerganKDV’s managed IT service offerings and how we can provide the right mix of technology solutions to address the unique needs of your organization.