Robo email bomb threat provides reminder to be cyber vigilant
In the wake of last week’s robo bomb threat email that caused disruption to many businesses across the nation, including many in Iowa, now is the time to review how you are protecting your business against cybersecurity threats. Unfortunately, a business is never completely safe from these types of attacks. Preparedness is about mitigating risk to a reasonable amount of exposure. Rather than counting on bullet-proof protection, a business should focus on developing multiple layers of preventative solutions. Learn more below and by attending our webinar on cybersecurity on January 9, 2019.
- Provide your employees with consistent security awareness education. Simple reminders and regular training is a quick and easy way to keep security diligence top-of-mind for your team. Make sure your team knows what to do if they spot something suspicious.
- Understand where you are most vulnerable. One way to do this is by knowing your FISASCORE. BerganKDV offers this free assessment that will help you get an idea of where your organization is related to the health of your information security.
- Have a responsive plan for data backups. A hybrid approach provides a local copy of your data that is quickly available for responsive recovery. An additional copy of your data should be sent to the cloud or another off-site location.
- Have a disaster recovery plan for business continuity. First, decide what data and critical applications are a priority. Then document your disaster recovery plan and processes.
- Know when to ask for help. There is no one size fits all solution that applies to every business. Consider off-loading the heavy lifting to partners who can shoulder the responsibility for things like email, phone systems, video conferencing, ERP, payroll and more so your IT team can focus on keeping your network secure.
Start here to have a conversation to learn how you can implement the right mix of tools and solutions to monitor, maintain and manage your technology systems efficiently and effectively.