It’s never been more important in today’s chaotic world to make sure your police evidence room is secure and in compliance with IAPE Standards and best practices. Transparency and accountability are keys in evaluating your policies and procedures.
As IAPE trained professionals, we have the expertise and capabilities to provide an independent, objective review of your evidence room processes, policies and procedures and provide recommendations for improvements.
Key questions to ask include:
- When was the last time your organization had an independent assessment of your police evidence room?
- Have you had changes in your personnel accountable for your police evidence room?
- What would the impact be if your organization could not account for police evidence inventory?
Annual assessments of your Police Evidence inventory, process and policies and procedures are recommended by IAPE. We can provide an objective assessment and recommendations for improvement. Areas of assessment include:
- Policies, Procedures and Internal Controls
- Evidence Inventory, packaging and documentation
- Sensitive evidence
- Evidence disposition
- Digital evidence and related security
Changes to Evidence room personnel create a significant risk to your organization. We can assist with a smooth transition and accountability during the transition and recommend internal controls to increase efficiency and effectiveness of your evidence room.
Ultimately, we want to help keep your organization out of the headlines. Start with a 20 minute complimentary consultation where we can discuss the history of your evidence room and next steps to ensure compliance.
We will be attendees at the Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association virtual conference! Please stop by and see us on October 28th from 11:00am to 12:00pm.