Selecting a new, robust system to implement in your business such as an ERP system is no simple task. It requires ample research to know which option will best suit your business needs. It will also include a critical implementation process that integrates the new software into your business operations. This process will be done with the help of both your company and a select group of ERP professionals representing the vendor you selected. Before you select a provider, it’s important to prepare yourself with the right questions so you know exactly what the ERP provider can deliver for your business to level-set expectations and ensure you get your desired final result. Not sure what to ask your ERP professionals? Here are some questions to guide the selection process and help make your final decision.
- Ask for contact information of previous clients in your industry to find out more details on implementation, overall software, support, etc.
- What type of ERP system do you offer? On-premise/ hosted or pure cloud-based?
- What are the upfront and ongoing costs of implementation and support of the ERP system?
- What features and are available and what functions can be customized?
- How much time does it take for modification requests to be fulfilled?
- How many system updates are applied in a given year? (Have ERP Professional give examples of recent system updates)
- How secure is your company data in the ERP system?
- What is the average amount of system downtime per year?
- What training resources do you have available for system onboarding?
Of course, there may be other questions that you may want to include that are specific to your business needs, but these should give you a proper head start. At the end of the day, it’s critical that you take the necessary research and time needed to vet through ERP providers so that you get the system that best fits your business goals.
At BerganKDV, our expert team of ERP professionals can promise you a smooth implementation process that meets your needs and provides you with ongoing support from day one. We are proud to offer a 100% success rate for our ERP implementations and would love to work with you on your next software upgrade. If you are curious about what NetSuite can do for your business, contact us, or watch this webinar that gives additional details about NetSuite.