Every business relies on their network infrastructure as a basic foundation for its operations. There is a heavy reliance on a company’s network to run correctly to provide interconnectivity needed for virtually every employee to perform his or her job, and when it doesn’t work properly, it can grind operations to a halt. Our network assessments will give you the needed insights to develop strategies to optimize performance and reliability, to uncover and address potential threats and to plan for the future.
If you find yourself in the following situations, it is a good indication that it is time to complete a network assessment:
- Reacting to problems with your network and technology that eat up your days rather than having a proactive plan in place to keep operations running smoothly.
- Struggling to understand when/if it is the right time to go to the cloud? What are the risks and rewards associated with that type of platform?
- Not having a complete grasp on where you are sitting with your technology. Over time, systems can tend to get piecemealed together. What is active in my system? Do I have old operating systems out there that need to be cleaned up?
- Do I have a plan and am I confident I can recover in the event of a data loss, theft, or natural disaster?
Before you know what needs to be fixed, you need to have a proper assessment of where you are currently sitting. A thorough initial network assessment should include the following:
- An asset overview
- Operating systems currently being used by all active assets
- User analysis including their status and admin rights
- Hardware lifecycle analysis
- Drive capacity, free space and usage
- Threat protections such as antivirus, antispam and unified threat protection hardware
- Analysis of backup/disaster recovery plans
Once we have a good understanding of your network, we can work together and prioritize the issues at hand to improve your day-to-day operations and help you with long-term planning for your infrastructure. Our goal is to partner together and work a proactive plan to keep your technology needs in line with your ever changing business needs.
At BerganKDV, our technology team works with all sizes of businesses and IT configurations, from small businesses where the CEO handles all things related to technology to larger companies with internal IT departments and staff. If you are ready to assess your network, our team is on hand to help, contact us!