BerganKDV is excited to announce that Tim Elwell, former CFO of Pella New Hampshire, Boston and Minnesota has joined the firm to be acting CFO for clients, primarily within the Pella Direct Sales Networks (PDSN) vertical inside BerganKDV.
Elwell brings 17 years of hands-on experience in the Pella network being a crucial partner to the owners of growth-oriented PDSNs. He has been involved with identifying cost saving opportunities and recommending ideas to improve processes, create greater scalability and reduce business risk. He has deep knowledge of ways to improve margins, inventory turns and receivable days sales outstanding. Elwell also has worked with and across PDSN operations, human resources and sales to help those teams achieve more of their true potential.
Elwell has joined BerganKDV’s Financial Accounting Advisory Services Team (FAAST) which provides a variety of services for PDSNs including invoicing, AR, AP, financial statements, predictive score carding, business analysis and budgeting and forecasting. Clients can choose some or all these solutions to outsource as they look to create capacity and greater scalability for their branch. Elwell will also be available to consult on specific PDSN finance, operating and growth matters. Lastly, he will be involved with our teams that help existing owners plan to sell and new owners buy a PDSN.
“I am extremely excited to join the BerganKDV team!” says Elwell, “BerganKDV has built a great foundation for working with the PDSN network, and I am looking forward to using my 17 years of Pella experience to work alongside our PDSN partners to assist them in exceeding their growth and profit goals.”
“The PDSN vertical is important to our firm,” says Jim Stelten, Partner in Charge of Value Creation and Pella Relationships, “Having Tim join the team adds even more relevancy to our strong Pella Client Service Team. I have known Tim for more than five years. His core values are solid and I admire his abilities to both bring ideas and get stuff done!”
BerganKDV partners with several PDSNs across the United States. Our solutions include:
- Owners and Their Families
- Owner Planning – helping owners think through ultimate exit and plan for business + family goals
- Individual Income Tax – federal and state; estate and trust; tax minimization and compliance
- Merger and Acquisition – planning, due diligence, buying or selling a branch
- Individual Wealth Advisory – connecting family, business and personal goals
- Outsourced CFO and Bookkeeping – fractional CFO (Tim Elwell), invoicing, A/R, A/P, financial statements, business analysis, budgeting/forecasting
- Corporate Income Tax – federal and state; estate and trust; tax minimization and compliance
- Annual Financial Statement Audits – to submit to Pella
- Sales and Use Tax – planning and compliance
- Talent and Human Resources
- Outsourced Payroll and Human Capital Management – similar to large nationals with a midwestern service model
- 401(k) Investment and Advisory – managing investments, helping employees with investment choices and helping trustees of plans keep ahead of the DOL