Making sound financial decisions is similar to making decisions that develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle. We know we need to save and build our personal wealth, we are concerned we aren’t saving enough. But, oftentimes there’s a disconnect between doing what we ought to do and what we want to do. We don’t always make rational decisions about where we choose to spend our money, we like to indulge ourselves. But overindulgence for short term wants can lead to financial health problems down the road.
Join us for lunch and hear from contributor David Sparks, CFA. David will provide you with:
- Some of the ways your emotions and behaviors enter into the equation (and you may not even realize it!)
- Ways you can recognize when you may be making financial decisions based more on emotion than on fact
- How to slow your thinking down when needed to protect your personal financial plan
Here’s where you can find us! Sign up for this complimentary lunch and presentation:
- November 10: Hyperion Field Club, Johnston, IA
- November 13: Beaver Hills Country Club, Cedar Falls, IA
- November 14: Best Western Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, MN
- November 15: Pinstripes, Edina, MN
David contributes to the wealth management’s team commitment for client service by writing blog articles and periodic newsletters providing thought leadership in economics, finance and capital markets. David was previously President of Heartwood Investments, an Iowa-based management firm that merged with BerganKDV in 2016. Now in semi-retirement, David enjoys traveling and his photography hobby.